Friday, November 18, 2016

Distribution

The distribution of my product is a selective distribution. “Selective distribution, is achieved by screening dealers and retailers to eliminate all but a few in any single area. Because only a few are chosen, the consumer must seek out the product” (250). My Product belongs on supermarket shelves but not in every supermarket. My customers do not shop at average grocery stores. My target market customers shop in specialty grocery stores like Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Sprouts. These stores will carry my chocolates. I saw a similar product at Trader Joes for the holidays, the offer a “Chocolate Passport” which has several small chocolate bars from different countries for $9.99. This would not affect my sales because my product is unique but it shows that there is a market for this type of product at stores such as these for around the same price I will be selling at. Another channel I will use is an online store for anyone who doesn’t have access to my product. “Because channel preferences change throughout the different stages of the shopping cycle, many companies have begun employing multichannel marketing strategies, whereby customers are offered information, goods, services, and/or support through one or more synchronized channels. Recent studies have found that customers who use multiple channels when shopping are more engaged and spend more than those who do not” (254). 

No comments:

Post a Comment